Finally its AAP’s government in Punjab
Finally its AAP’s government in Punjab
AAP’s supporter and leaders are happy to see their real impact, after newly formed Congress government took decisions in their very first cabinet meeting. Land mark decisions were taken, which were taken more or less in the style AAP government has taken in Delhi. More importantly decisions taken are also seems to be taken from AAP’s election manifesto. We have never seen or heard this very new philosophy of Congress party, which lost in center because of anti people decisions and corruption.
Here are nine seven of the historic decisions by the newly form Punjab government :
1. End of VIP culture : Very first decision taken by Congress is to end VIP culture. No MLA, minister , including chief minister Amarinder Singh will have red beacon on his car. This also includes all bureaucrats too. This was introduced in Delhi , by AAP government and was not followed by BJP but Congress seems to be following it as they feel this is what people want them to do. Manpreet Badal came forward by taking lead, by saying no to VIP culture.
2. Reducing liquor shops to 50% in next five years : New finance minister Manpreet Badal made it very clear that , for them liquor is also not good for our state, so they have decided to reduce liquor vends to almost half the number, in phases in the next five years. We have listened to AAP leaders disclosing their plan to reduce liquor vends in a systematic way, that’s what Congress is doing now. There are some big shots running liquor business in Punjab who belong to Congress, we have to see how they react to this decision.
3. New and Strong Lokpal : Strong Lokpal was the first demand raised by Anna Hazare in Delhi, against then Congress government, which was not accepted. This even lead to formation of new political party AAP, which won in Delhi and almost put all the traditional parties on their back foot by giving them strong competition. Now same Congress party is doing what AAP was intended to do, good for state and our country.
4. STF for drug control : Drug was the main issue in Punjab. AAP attacked ruling party leaders, specially Bikram singh Majithia on this issue. This issue is considered to be main factor for ruling party defeat in the recent Punjab elections. Congress leader and now chief minister captain Amarinder Singh has promised to eliminate drugs from Punjab within four weeks. Formation of special task force STF, seems to be first step towards resolving drug menace in Punjab.
5. Farmers loan issue : Farmer suicide was another big issue in Punjab elections. Around 10000 farmers have committed suicide in the state because debt they owe to banks and other money lending institutions. Akali government was accused of doing nothing on the issue. To make things worse , some ministers and senior leaders like bibi Jagir kaur made fun of those who were committing suicide. She told the media that people are committing suicide because of compensation that their government is paying to the deceased farmers.
6. No foundation stone : Again a very good decision, they will lay foundation stones for their very own promotion, but for the welfare of government. Manpreet Badal even told that , they will prefer to write on foundation stones, that this project is for the people , by the tax money of the people of Punjab.
7. Assets declaration on annual basis : Corruption is one of the major issue in India. Congress lost to BJP because of ever growing corruption charges and amount of money involved. Now same Congress is showing restrain to corruption practices. All the ministers have been instructed to declare their assets on annual basis, just like they do before nominating for elections every five years.
8. Reservation for women in government jobs has been made. It will be taken to 50%, but for present they are starting with 33 percent.
9. End of DTO , because there were allegations of huge corruption taking place in this very department.